Thursday, January 3, 2013

Everyone Gets Sad


It’s Okay To Be Sad Sometime
I have days when I am sad, I think most people have days like that.  Even though we all have our sad moments or days, society leads you to believe there’s something wrong with it.  Believing this myth I would force myself to pretend to feel a way I did not feel.  I would smother my sadness….force it back down.  I can no longer do that in 2013.  By smothering my sadness it never truly went away, instead it began to fester.  I've heard many individuals say that happiness is a choice.  This is a bittersweet statement in my opinion.  It basically says that if you’re sad it’s by choice, but it’s not that black and white.  Yes happiness is a choice, but how do you make that choice….how do you heal?
What do I have to do to become a happier person?  That’s the million dollar question!  Here are my thoughts.
First, I have to acknowledge that my pain/sadness exists.  Ignoring it will not make it disappear.  Secondly, I have to come to the realization that though it exists, it does not have a place in my future.  There is a reason this womb did not heal, so lastly I have to make peace with my sadness/pain.  So whatever is keeping me sad I have to find a way to resolve it and make peace.  This will not necessarily be an easy thing to do, but it MUST BE DONE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment