Friday, January 1, 2016

Be The Change: Why my New Year's resolution will be the same every year.

The end of every year unites humans all over the world.  Reflection.  There is something about a fresh start that sparks deep reflection among mankind.  The final weeks of every year not only bring celebrations, home-goings, but also self actualization.

What did I do right this year?  What did I do wrong?  What did I learn?  How can I grow?  What do I want to be different?

All questions many find themselves asking then based on the answers, he or she sets a goal, a resolution, for the upcoming year.  The goals range from losing weight, to starting a business, paying off debt, or spending more time with family.  Many anti-resolution individuals have decided not to set a resolution, but instead "will strive to be a better person" in the upcoming year; essentially a goal nonetheless.  I on the other-hand will set the same goal every year from now on.  I will be the change.

To often we are focused on what needs to happen rather than putting energy into changing things.  See, to change the world all we have to do is change ourselves.  After all that is change right?  The change can be subtle or dramatic it all depends on the impact you want to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment